Looking for a significant way to become involved in your community? See note at the bottom of the Agenda
APPOINTMENTS COMMITTEE MEETING
Agenda with Zoom Webinar information available here.
July 1, 2020
1. Review applications to fill terms as designated on the following Boards and Committees:
- Active Living (1 vacancy and 1 term expiring)
- Appeals Board (3 terms expiring)
- Board of Assessment Review (2 terms expiring)
- Cable TV (1 vacancy and 2 terms expiring)
- Complete Streets (1 vacancy and 3 terms expiring)
- Conservation Commission (2 vacancies and 2 terms expiring)
- Library (1 vacancy)
- Shellfish Conservation Commission (2 terms expired and 2 terms expiring)
- Sustainability Advisory Board (2 vacancies and 1 term expiring)
2. Discussion of Volunteer Recognition- schedule?
- Date for Recognition on Town Council Agenda
- Volunteer Gift Ideas
- Acknowledgement to those termed out
- Recognition certificates/plaques
(8/18 Appointments Committee Meeting: Certificates will be given to those members who resigned or termed out during the past year. Plaques will be given to those serving 10 years or more.)
3. Annual Orientation – schedule?
*NOTE: As a reminder, Individuals appointed to boards and commissions will be limited to three terms or a total of nine (9) years, provided that the Appointments Committee may waive this limitation in exigent circumstances as determined by an affirmative vote of a majority of the Appointments Committee. Additionally, individuals who serve as chair or vice chair of the board or commission at least four (4) of the previous nine (9) years shall be exempt from this limitation. Appointments due to exigent circumstances must be approved by a majority of the Town Council.
Please Note: The Appointments Committee maintains a list of residents interested in serving on other Boards and Committees for consideration when vacancies arise (a full list of boards and committees is located at the bottom of the application). If you are interested in serving on a committee, please complete an application. A full list of Boards and Committees can be found at the bottom of the application. Applications are also available at the Town Hall (30 Main Street) and at www.freeportmaine.com.
Please return your completed application to the Town Manager’s Office or email to [email protected].