The Freeport Sustainability Advisory Board (or FSAB) meets on the 1st Wednesday of the month at the Town Hall at 6:30pm. Please see the calendar to confirm meeting dates and times on the Town's website, which can be viewed here.
The FSAB can be contacted by email at: email@example.com
FSAB mission statement:
To advise the Freeport Town Council on the sustainability and resiliency of present and future operations, highlight potential opportunities, and to promote new and existing sustainability efforts. This includes guiding the development of policy and practices that integrate environmental health, social and economic well-being, community engagement, and the town’s comprehensive plan.
Areas of Consideration:
- Waste, Recycling, and Composting
- Environmental Health and Diversity
- Land Use, Construction, and Building Operations
- Carbon Footprint, Emissions, and Pollution
- Energy and Electricity
- Advise/recommend to the Town Council through the Town Manager;
- Advise/recommend all sustainability related policies to the Town Council and/or through Town Staff;
- Study any other matters or duties that from time to time are requested by the Town Council and/or Town Staff as it pertains to the above matters;
- Meet monthly as determined by the Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities: