The Recycling Facility on Hedgehog Mountain Road accepts Freeport residents' household trash (a valid Freeport Transfer Facility Sticker is required).
- 90 cent fee for each 30 gallon-sized bag of household garbage weighing up to 30 pounds (fee covers the cost of hauling the trash to ecoMaine)
- Purchase a Garbage Drop-off punch card at the Town Hall or at the Recycling Facility:
- $18.00 for a 20 bag punch card
- $9.00 for a 10 bag punch card
- Prices subject to change.
Advantages of this program:
- Lower your household garbage collection costs (residents can reduce costs by minimizing waste and only visiting the Recycling Center when needed.)
- Dispose of all your trash and recycling items at the same time you visit the Facility.
Residents may hire a private hauler to pick up their garbage. Haulers licensed in Freeport are:
- Dan Wentworth Rubbish Removal 207-844-4799
- Casella Waste DBA Pine Tree Waste 207-883-9777
Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
Riverside Recycling Center
910 Riverside Street, Portland, 797-6200
Open on the first Saturday of the month
April through November, 7:00am to 4:00pm
Household hazardous waste includes the following types of chemicals:
Herbicides, pesticides, pool chemicals, solvents, & weed killers.