Concealed Weapons

The Freeport Police Department issues concealed handgun permits for Freeport residents.  The completed application with supporting documents, photographs, and payment (checks made to the Town of Freeport), should be sent or brought to our address:

Freeport Police Department     16 Main Street     Freeport, ME  04032


Please click here for instructions regarding the application for a Permit to Carry Concealed Handguns.  The application is available here.

More information about Concealed Carry in Maine is available on the State of Maine website.

If you have an unwanted gun at your residence, please contact the Freeport Police Department (Lt. Goodman, 865-4800/208) for information and assistance to properly dispose of that weapon.