How do I obtain a Shellfish license in the Town of Freeport?

The licenses are issued by the Town Clerk. A digger may retain a commercial license once it is secured, as long as the person keeps renewing the license and doesn't violate the municipal shellfish ordinance, and completes the required conservation work. If a commercial license becomes available, a lottery will usually be held for the license. The Town Clerk can answer more questions about obtaining a license.