TOWN OF FREEPORT -NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
Eight Public Hearings have been scheduled for August 3, 2021 at the Freeport Town Council meeting starting at 6:30 p.m. at Freeport Town Hall, 30 Main Street, Freeport to discuss:
- Redistricting of Freeport’s Municipal Voting Districts.
- An order authorizing the issuance of $634,000 of bonds and notes (approved by the voters on March 9, 2021) to finance the local share of the construction of bicycle and pedestrian pathways at the Exit 20 & 22 overpasses; and to discuss entering into a local cost sharing agreement with MDOT to provide for the construction of the same.
- Proposed amendments to Section 32-601 (K) of the Shellfish Conservation Ordinance.
- Proposed amendments to Chapter 2 Administrative Code, Section 509. Inspections Division of the Freeport Town Ordinances.
(Memo from Code Enforcement Officer)
- Proposed amendments to Chapter 13, Fire Prevention Code of the Freeport Town Ordinances.
- Proposed amendments to Chapter 17, Electrical Code Ordinance of the Freeport Town Ordinances.
- An Ordinance to award a contract in the amount of $100,233 to Principle Group for the completion of Phases Two and Three for the Downtown Freeport Vision Plan.
NOTE: The Town Council previously determined that it is in the best interest of the Town to waive the Town’s sealed bid requirements in the selection of Principle Group, in favor of a qualifications-based selection process.
NOTE: The Town Council appropriated $100,000 for this project in the 2022 Capital Budget. (Whitney & Lawrence) VOTE: (6 Ayes) (1 Excused-Piltch) (0 Nays)
- A request for a Consent Agreement from Robin Lapoint, for a property at 8 Tumbler’s Hill Road (Tax Assessor Map 24, Lot 71B) for the purposes of allowing a mislocated building that does not appear to meet the required setbacks for the underlying zoning district to remain.
Information concerning these hearings can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office, the Town Manager’s Office, the Freeport Community Library during normal business hours or by clicking on the items listed above.