This year, Spring Cleanup will be held as follows:
- Monday June 7th, 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Tuesday June 8th, 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Wed. June 9th, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Thurs., June 10th, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Residents may bring one pick-up truck size load of waste to the Recycling Center for free (conditions apply).
Residents must bring their completed coupon included in the flyer that was mailed to all residents in the month of May and must have a 2021 facility sticker ($6). Stickers can be purchased at the Recycling Center in advance or on the day of disposal. The stickers can also be purchased at the Town Clerk's office with proof of residency.
- Up to 1 pick-up size load of household items such as; brush, wood waste (keep pressure treated wood separate), sheetrock, mattresses, microwaves, stoves, couches, carpet etc. (A larger load or multiple loads will be charged fees.)
- Latex Paint – Maine Paint in Yarmouth accepts latex as well as oil base paints and stains (in liquid form) for recycling. The Recycling Center accepts latex paint for disposal, but it must be completely dry. Covers must be off and attendant must inspect containers. Dried latex paint can be included in the free load. Oil based paints and stains are never accepted at the Transfer Station. *
- Freon containing appliances – refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners – first one is free, additional units are $20 each.
Tires (17 inch or less) – first 2 are free, additional tires are $5 each.
ACCEPTED FOR A FEE:
- Universal & ewaste – TVs ($5), computers ($5), printers ($5), monitors ($5), laptops ($5).
- Roofing Shingles – fee of $.06 per lb
MATERIALS NOT ACCEPTED:
- Oil base paint, stains, and solvents. *
- Chemicals – pool chemicals, pesticides, lawn products, unmarked containers containing unknown substances. *
*These items can be taken to Riverside Recycling as part of the Household Hazardous Waste Collection (for a fee). FMI call Riverside 797-6200.
Recycling Center/Transfer Station
100 Hedgehog Mountain Road (off Pownal Road)