Can the town help me to secure housing?

The town does not own any housing of its own but usually recommends that those interested in affordable housing contact the Freeport Housing Trust (865-1652), Coastal Management (797-3688) as well as checking the local papers for available housing in Freeport. is another resource for those seeking affordable housing. This is a free, state online resource for renters and property managers in Maine. The dynamic search options allow you to find affordable, accessible and market-rate housing that will fit your needs.

The Cumberland County Homelessness Prevention Program (CCHP) assists families and individuals who live in Cumberland County in finding, securing and/or maintainging housing.