The Town of Freeport is seeking residents interested in serving on a Town board or committee. Vacancies arise throughout the year and a reserve list of candidates is maintained to fill future vacancies. Current Town boards and committees include:
- Active Living Committee (meets 3rd Thursday at 7:30 AM)
- Appeals Board (meets 1st Monday at 6:00 PM)
- Assessment Review Board (meets as necessary)
- Cable TV Regulatory Board (meets as necessary)
- Coastal Waters Commission (meets 2nd Wednesday at 6:00 PM)
- Complete Streets Committee (meets 1st Tuesday at 7:30 AM)
- Conservation Commission (meets 2nd Tuesday at 6:00 PM)
- Hunter Road Fields Advisory Committee (meets as necessary)
- Library Board of Trustees (meets 1st Monday at 6:00 PM)
- Planning Board (meets 1st Wednesday at 6:00 PM)
- Project Review Board (meets 3rd Wednesday at 6:00 PM)
- Shellfish Commission (meets 2nd Thursday at 6:30 PM)
- Social & Racial Equity Assessment Ad Hoc Committee (meeting time to be determined)
- Sustainability Advisory Committee (meets 1st and 3rd Monday at 5:30 PM)
- Winslow Park Commisssion (meets 2nd Monday at 6:00 PM)
Please click here to view Article VI which details duties and responsibilities of Town boards and committees..
To obtain an Application to be considered for membership on the Social & Racial Equity Assessment Ad Hoc Committee click here.
The Appointments Committee (which is a three member sub-committee of the Town Council) generally meets twice a year to consider applications for vacancies on Town Boards and Committees. You can drop off completed applications at the Town Hall or email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.