The Town of Freeport is seeking residents interested in serving on a Town board or committee. Vacancies arise throughout the year and a reserve list of candidates is maintained to fill future vacancies. Current Town boards and committees include:
- Active Living Committee (meets 3rd Thursday at 7:30 AM)
- Appeals Board (meets 1st Monday at 6:00 PM)
- Assessment Review Board (meets as necessary)
- Cable TV Regulatory Board (meets as necessary)
- Coastal Waters Commission (meets 2nd Wednesday at 6:00 PM)
- Complete Streets Committee (meets 1st Tuesday at 7:30 AM)
- Conservation Commission (meets 2nd Tuesday at 6:00 PM)
- Hunter Road Fields Advisory Committee (meets as necessary)
- Library Board of Trustees (meets 1st Monday at 6:00 PM)
- Planning Board (meets 1st Wednesday at 6:00 PM)
- Police Advisory Committee (to be determined)
- Project Review Board (meets 3rd Wednesday at 6:00 PM)
- Shellfish Commission (meets 2nd Thursday at 6:30 PM)
- Social & Racial Equity Assessment Ad Hoc Committee (meeting time to be determined)
- Sustainability Advisory Committee (meets 1st and 3rd Monday at 5:30 PM)
- Winslow Park Commisssion (meets 2nd Monday at 6:00 PM)
Please click here to view Article VI which details duties and responsibilities of Town boards and committees..
To obtain an Application to be considered for membership on the Police Advisory Committee click here.
The Appointments Committee (which is a three member sub-committee of the Town Council) generally meets twice a year to consider applications for vacancies on Town Boards and Committees. You can drop off completed applications at the Town Hall or email them to: email@example.com.