Moving to Freeport

Scenic Home

If you are a new resident of Freeport, or thinking about moving to Freeport, this website offers a wealth of information on living here. Specific information about Town services and departments (such as the Recycling Facility, Library, and Voter Registration) can be found under the "Departments" tab on our main menu, above. 

Linked on the left is a Local Service Information list of non-municipal local services including electricity, trash removal, and cable television which you may want to contact prior to establishing your new residence.

Additionally, the State of Maine has a Homestead Exemption which allows all legal residents of the State of Maine who own a homestead to apply for an exemption on their permanent place of residence (summer camps, vacations homes and second residences do not qualify). Since this will reduce your property tax, you will want to make sure you fill out this form (see link at right) and file it with the Town Assessor by April 1st.

As always, municipal employees are happy to answer any questions you may have about the town and the services we provide. You can contact us at the Town Hall at (207) 865-4743, Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.