Meeting Calendars, Agendas, Minutes, Video
Back to Meeting Calendars, Agendas, Minutes, Video
November 14, 2017
Freeport Community Center
Freeport Conservation Commission
Agenda for November 14, 2017
6:30pm – Freeport Community Center
1. Approve Minutes from October
2. Property Updates
3. Discussion of plans for winter months
Next Meeting: TBD
Freeport Conservation Commission Meeting
November 14, 2017
Attendees: Andrew Arsenault, Barney Baker, Guy Blanchard, Maura Pillsbury, new member Theresa Oleksiw, and associate member Tom Ross were present. Mike Stumbo and Dimitra Voulgariwere absent.
The group agreed to approve the October minutes at the next meeting because those in attendance were absent.
Guy said the town is trapping beavers. He contacted Maine Conservation Corps about volunteers. We need volunteers to finish the Florida Lake project in May/June. Theresa offered to ask at vo tech.
• We are in need of a new liaison for the Hunter Rd Fields Committee
• Tom said he would prep and put up the summit map, and maps for the kiosk if we can request they be printed by the town.
• There are some downed trees on the XC trails and near the Hunter Rd fields after the wind storm. We are following up to determine if those are within our purview. Tom has put up the remainder of the new signs made.
• The Freeport United Soccer club has been parking on the blueberry fields at Hunter that the Town, in coordination with the Commission, had taken steps to preserve. There has also been trash and litter on the fields. Discussed who the appropriate parties were to contact about this.
• We will be doing a survey, Barney will identify someone.
• The neighbors want to fix the dam and raise the water level.
• Need to establish a new trail because a house has been built.
Possible land acquisition:
There is a property off Old Flying Point Rd that is 89 acres and the owner would like us to walk the property for possible acquisition for conservation. The group reviewed the map and discussed the characteristics of the property. Agreed to walk at the next meeting.
Projects for the winter months included Quarry Woods management plan, Commission ordinance re-writing, and volunteer management.
Adjourned at 8pm.
Contact Town Hall
Freeport Town Hall: 30 Main Street, Freeport, ME 04032 | Phone: 207-865-4743 | Fax: 207-865-0929 Office hours: Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Built by Big Room Studios