Meeting Calendars, Agendas, Minutes, Video
Traffic & Parking Committee
Back to Meeting Calendars, Agendas, Minutes, Video
September 20, 2016
Town Council Chambers
FREEPORT TRAFFIC & PARKING COMMITTEE
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
TOWN HALL - COUNCIL CHAMBERS
1. Accept minutes of the July 19, 2016 meeting.
2. Consider request by LL Bean for a crosswalk on Lower Main Street at Double L Street.
3. Consider recommending improvements to public facilities that would increase accessibility for people with disabilities, based on the Report of the Freeport Accessibility Task Force.
4. Update / discussion about the intersection at Torrey Hill Range Road and South Street.
5. Discuss maintenance responsibility of road shoulder at the raised speed table in front of South Freeport Church on South Freeport Road. The shoulder is deteriorating and presents a potential tripping hazard.
6. Discuss speed and safety issues on Main Street in South Freeport. Residents expressed concerns at a recent neighborhood meeting that the road rehabilitation work would exacerbate the speed and safety issues. The committee should discuss traffic calming measures and other ideas (e.g. enforcement) that could slow vehicles down and improve pedestrian safety.
7. Discuss resident concern about Maine Beer Barn patron parking on Route 1 near True Colors Salon.
8. Discuss stop bar location on Main Street (Route 1) at the intersection of Maple Avenue. Vehicles on Main Street tend to block the intersection preventing vehicles from turning left onto Main from Maple.
9. Other business.
Contact Town Hall
Freeport Town Hall: 30 Main Street, Freeport, ME 04032 | Phone: 207-865-4743 | Fax: 207-865-0929 Office hours: Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Built by Big Room Studios